The Finneytown Local School District is a residential community centrally located in the Northern Hills area of Hamilton County. The Finneytown Local School District covers approximately 4.8 square miles of Springfield Township and is conveniently located near I-75, I-275, Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway, downtown businesses, medical facilities, shopping and cultural venues. Tri-County, Northgate, Cincinnati Mills, and Kenwood Malls are minutes away.
The vision of the Finneytown Local School District is to be an excellent school district.Mission
The mission to accomplish this vision shall be achieved through Finneytown's educational programs and district organization. Finneytown will provide an instructional program that maximizes each student's potential, and promotes life-long learning through:
- A strong academic program and a curriculum that encompasses skills in critical thinking, decision-making, choices for healthy lifestyles, and creativity
- Student participation in the arts, athletics, and community service
- A culture that emphasizes respect for all people and property
- A strong relationship with families and community
Quick Facts and Figures
- Value excellence in academics, athletics, arts and service opportunities.
- Provide a respectful, caring, and safe environment for students, staff, and families.
- Operate with a plan of fiscal responsibility.
- Maximize family and community involvement.
- Sustain frequent, high-quality communication with staff, parents, and community.
- Maintain inviting, comfortable facilities to support student learning and community involvement.
District's Students 2012-2013
- 2011-2012: Ohio School Report Card: Finneytown met 25 out of 26indicators
- Whitaker Elementary and Secondary Campus Rated "Excellent" on the State Report Card
- Performance Index Score: 100.7%
- Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP): Met
- Value-Added Measure: Met
- Two National Merit Semifinalists (2013)
- Two National Merit Commended Students (2013)
- College Attendance Rate: 95.6%
- Student Attendance Rate (All Grades): 95.8%
- Graduation Rate Coming in 2015
- Enrollment: 1426 (August, 2013)
- Square miles in the district: 4.8
- Mean ACT Score: 22
- Percentage of Graduates participating in the ACT: 53%
- Mean SAT Score: 1000
- Percent of Graduates participating in the SAT: 59.7%
- Percent of Graduates graduating with an Honors Diploma: 21.5%
- Number of Graduates participating in an AP test: 109
- Percent of Graduates with an AP score of 3 or above: 46.3%
Black, non-Hispanic 41.7%
Asian or Pacific islander: 3.1%
White, non-Hispanic: 47.8%
Economically Disadvantaged: 44.0%
Limited English Proficient: 2.2%
Students with Disabilities: 16.3%