The Finneytown Local School District is a residential community centrally located in the Northern Hills area of Hamilton County. The Finneytown Local School District covers approximately 4.8 square miles of Springfield Township and is conveniently located near I-75, I-275, Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway, downtown businesses, medical facilities, shopping and cultural venues. Tri-County, Northgate, Cincinnati Mills, and Kenwood Malls are minutes away.
The Vision of the Finneytown Local School District is to be an embracing community where innovation guides how learning occurs.
Quick Facts and Figures
- Empower all students to employ the tools of critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving, and self-reflection.
- Create safe and supportive environments which value relationships and address individual needs.
- Implement challenging standards for success of students and staff, while providing value to parents and our community.
- Cultivate knowledge networks to create and recognize opportunities.
- 2011-2012: Ohio School Report Card: Finneytown met 25 out of 26indicators
- Whitaker Elementary and Secondary Campus Rated "Excellent" on the State Report Card
- Performance Index Score: B (82.1%)
- Indicators Met: B (87.5%)
- Graduation Rates
- Value-Added Measure: A
- One National Merit Semifinalists (2014)
- Two National Merit Commended Students (2014)
- College Attendance Rate: 95.6%
- Student Attendance Rate (All Grades): 95.8%
- Compliance with federal requirement for implementing a local wellness policy
- Enrollment: 1458 (August, 2014)
- Square miles in the district: 4.8
- Mean ACT Score: 22
- Percentage of Graduates participating in the ACT: 53%
- Mean SAT Score: 1000
- Percent of Graduates participating in the SAT: 59.7%
- Percent of Graduates graduating with an Honors Diploma: 21.5%
- Number of Graduates participating in an AP test: 109
- Percent of Graduates with an AP score of 3 or above: 46.3%
- Percentage of teachers with at least a Bachelor's Degree: 100%
- Percentage of teachers with at least a Master's Degree: 74.8%
District's Students 2012-2013
Black, non-Hispanic 47.8%
Directory information current as of the 2012-2013 Report Card publication date
Asian or Pacific islander: 3.1%
White, non-Hispanic: 47.8%
Economically Disadvantaged: 44.0%
Limited English Proficient: 2.2%
Students with Disabilities: 16.3%